Sony X-Series Firmware Update to Firmware v1.11
It appears that Sony has released a firmware update for the X-Series Walkman, X1050/X1060. I was surprised to find this update considering it was released last year in the middle of December. This firmware update also pertains to the US model, X1051/X1061, so if you are from the US, don't worry you are not left out. A quick list of the updates in the new firmware:
-Reduces the time required to open Web pages
-Improves Web page scroll speed
-Improves Web page layout display
-Improves display of Web pages using frames
Link to the firmware v1.11 for X1050/X1060 - click here
Link to the firmware v1.11 for X1051/X1061 - click here
Improvements over firmware version 1.10:
This update enables the following functions to continue to function
after the planned YouTube® video receive method change. Without this
update the functions will no longer work after the planned YouTube video
receive method change.
- "Keyword Search" and "Related Videos" functions.
- "Related Links" function, which is called from the Music playback screen, to search for YouTube videos.
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 1.11:
- Reduces the time required to open Web pages
- Improves Web page scroll speed
- Improves Web page layout display
- Improves display of Web pages using frames
- After completion of the download, connect your units to your PC by USB connection.
- Close all running programs on your PC.
- Double click the saved NWZ-X1000_V1_11.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions and make sure that the WALKMAN is not disconnected from the computer before the update is complete, although USB disconnection messages may sometimes appear on your computer.
- At the end of the update process the message that the update is complete appears. Click Finish.
Your WALKMAN is now updated.