Header Ads

Sony to release a NW-ZX100 Successor, the NW-ZX300.


Sony will be introducing a second Walkman along with the NW-A40, the ZX200.  The new ZX200 will have a similar design to the older ZX100, but will offer a slimmer design, include 2 outputs on the top of device like the ZX2.  Controls have been moved to the side of the device with a touch screen as the main controls for menu operation.  Micro-SD support will be included along with NFC and bluetooth, most likely 4.1.  While I feel the ZX2 will still remain the top end model with the ZX300 slotting between the middle, to sit above the A40.  Pricing should reflect this so I would not expect this to be that affordable.  Unfortunately with no FCC filing (yet) for the ZX300 in the US, this model might only be available in Asia and possibly Europe, so anyone from the US wishing to buy this might have to import it.  

If anyone has anymore information or photos, please email me or leave an anonymous comment.  Thanks

Source

6 comments:

  1. Still there own operation system which mean you can not stream music from Spotify that you can on the NW-ZX1 who has Android.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at the end of the day, there are advantages with smart ui such as android and traditional walkman ui, example walkman ui will have very long standby time, ie, 6 months, while android based will be around a week or slightly longer

      another advantage is that walkman ui will have long playback time, i get around 50 hours playing flac (and before, i got around 65 hours with mp3), but with android ui around 13-16 hours

      i don't stream, so walkman ui is ideal for my usage

      Delete
  2. I agree that usage is the key to determining what type of UI/OS is best. While I don't stream much, I like to use such services on occasion (especially, to explore new music). Thus, I'd rather have the functionality. Sony seems to be moving away from Android in their Walkman, so I might need to try other brands (FiiO, iBasso, etc.) when the time comes to change my ZX2 (a fabulous player). It's a pity that Sony is not offering any player that is open to Wi-Fi and to additional audio apps. I love Walkmans (in fact, I have only owned Walkmans) but Sony might force me away from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fiio and ibasso digital players have great sound, but have horrible ui and buggy firmware, recent ones are better than eariler models, but even their flagship dx200 has impressive flagship sound, however ( based on my friends one) the standard firmware don't even recognise the flac /dsd files store on the sd card, but once it was on customer firmware, it was much better and no issues in reading flac/dsd files

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the input on FiiO and iBasso. Yes, I 've read that they both have less-than-stellar Ui. I'm pretty sure that Sony provides a much more polished user experience. This needs to be balanced with specific needs, such as WiFi, etc. Hopefully, Sony will return to offering at least one premium player with such capabilities.

      Delete
    3. I sold my zx 1 because of the crappy android UI and the poor battery(it got me about 6 hours). People who are interesting about expensive DAP'S generally want to listen only High Res Files. That means that Spotify and other similar services are useless. If i wanna listen something form Spotify or Apple music etc. i have my iPhone i don't need to spend extra 500-1000 Dollars and use the expensive Gear for such cause. I think Sony is now in the right Direction, after abandoning Android from they DAP'S

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.