Header Ads

Firmware Update to version 4.01.00 for NW-ZX500/NW-A100 series

Firmware Update to version 4.01.00 for NW-ZX50/ NW-A100 series

Sony has released another firmware update for the A and ZX-Series Walkmans. The update is for all models in the A and ZX range.

Here are the changes:

  • Provides Security Updates (The security level displayed in the Settings menu will be as of January 2021)
  • Improves general performance

The update also includes the previous update from late November 2020, so check out the post to see what else is included. It is great to see that Sony is still updating Android on the Walkmans after their release more than a year ago, but I do wonder if these updates will only go for a maximum of 2 years with new models coming this year in the fall.

For those that own the new Android Walkmans, would you prefer Sony go back to their own Sony OS like on the A50 or continue with Android?

Thanks to Gary for bringing the update to my attention.

6 comments:

  1. For me I prefer the flexibility of Android, I have my music collection on Plex, so using the PlexAmp app on the NW-A105 is great. Having access to Tidal offline is great also.

    The native Music Player app is good, but missing a lot of pretty basic features.
    You can't create/edit playlists on the device itself, only via Music Center.

    Also the add to bookmarks feature is pretty pointless.

    I don't know why it's as bad as it is, considering the Walkman app on Xperia phones has always been excellent, would love to see someone port it to these models...

    The battery life issue isn't really a problem for me, the way things are these days I'm never far from a mains source anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I hope Sony keeps their OS, im not a fan of the android system in the walkman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the Sony OS....better on the battery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sony OS
    Instead of buying an Android based dap, I would rather buy an Android phone with a hi-fi dac chip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both options, more possibilities for consumers. Perhaps two lines?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would anyone be willing to try and download the cochlear app to see if it will install on this walkman.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.