Header Ads

Sony WH-1000XM5 Firmware Update Version 2.3.1

Sony WH-1000XM5 Firmware Update Version 2.3.1

Sony has released a new firmware update for the WH-1000XM5. The update adds support for a new feature found in the new Sony Sound Connect app, Auto Switch. You should be seeing a firmware update pop up after you install new Sound Connect app.

  • Adds support for the following features:
    • Auto Switch
    • The new Google's Find My Device (only during dedicated Classic Audio connection)
  • Enhances the security features of the system software

I do not think I have ever seen a security update for a headset, so not sure what is being changed. Maybe this is related to the Find My Device from Google? Does not look like it, as this is absent from the WF-1000XM5 update.

I am not sure if I will update my WH-1000XM5 just yet, as I do not use them daily, so will wait to see what other users say about the update. I suspect we might see updates for other models in the near future as well.

Thanks to everyone who sent this in, been busy with real world stuff, so limited time for posts, especially since I am still working on the LinkBuds post, and my WF-C510 review.

1 comment:

  1. I'll also wait to update my headphones. I don't want any strange.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.