Header Ads

Firmware Update to Version 2.02.00 for NW-ZX700/NW-A300 series

Firmware Update to Version 2.02.00 for NW-ZX700/NW-A300 series

Sony has released another firmware update for the NW-A300 and ZX-700 walkmans. Here is the change log:

  • Improved the connectivity with certain Bluetooth devices
  • Provides a Security update (The security level is displayed in the Settings menu as a date: January 2024)

Checking the Japanese Sony site, no additional notes are provided. Make sure the Walkman is fully charged before performing the update.

For those wondering if the Walkmans will receive an LE Audio update, the answer is no. The  Bluetooth chip in both models has not been certified for LE audio and is only certified for Bluetooth 5.0. I do not know if Sony is planning any new Walkman models, hopefully they will release something in the next 1-2 years. I would really like to see a new NW-A60 to replace the A50.

support my work

6 comments:

  1. Yes, a new NW-A60 would be great. I like my NW-A305 after I disabled all Android apps that could be disabled to improve battery life. The only problem left is extremely low wired output volume and I don't really get Sony's explanations that this is to comply with some kind of directives to protect user hearing. Ok than how about the wireless Bluetooth volume? I just got the Cambridge Audio MELOMANIA M100 earbuds and the sound volume is astounding. How come my ears are not protected in this case? So I really want to see a new NW-A60 without any Android nonsense with improved battery life, practical wired audio volume (comparable with something like HIBY's entry level R3 mk2 at 70 milliwatts) and APTX Lossless codec. Come on, Sony Walkman managers, just do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. truly, they are really inconsitent. my only guess is that they have separate groups working on individual stuff (wireless audio, wired audio, apps, region releases) and have poor synergy on the final product.

      Delete
    2. When you are using Bluetooth, the Walkman is no longer processing the music, so the device's audio capping doesn't apply. Hence Bluetooth earbuds can be louder than wired earbuds.

      Delete
  2. Updates won't download to my a306, I've left it running for over an hour with no progress. Not sure if there is a fix to this. I'm quite happy with the power output from my UK version a306, I only use IEMs and headphones that don't require much power, I've yet to run out of power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the walkman fully charged when you performing the update? maybe restart the device?

      Delete
    2. Yes I've tried it multiple times and its been reset multiple times, its also plugged in while I attempt it. It came with an update notification but the progress bar remains at zero. Fortunately the device works works as it should and I have no other complaints.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.